BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION INTERN
The International Children’s Heart Foundation is seeking a highly motivated, energetic business administration intern to assist with the day-to-day operations of the organization.
About International Children’s Heart Foundation
Since 1994, the mission of the International Children’s Heart Foundation (ICHF) has been to
bring the skills, technology and knowledge to diagnose and care for children with congenital
heart disease to developing countries that request our help. ICHF does this regardless of
country of origin, race, religion or gender. Our teams are assembled from world class cardiac centers. We implement our informational curriculum by operating with and educating local health care professionals. With this training, they in turn can care for the local children. Since inception, over 5,000 operations have been performed in countries that span all continents.
Business Administration Intern
The Business Administration Intern is responsible for developing and implementing the skills required to run a non-profit organization under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer. This individual will shadow the CEO on day-to-day activities of the foundation.
Projects and Responsibilities:
- Interface with Chief Executive Officer, other staff members and sponsors
- Participate in social media outlets as required
- Schedule and attend meetings
- Organize and plan projects that are customer and business focused
- Learn to manage financial information
- Update CEO blog as required
- Ensure organization is running according to plans and strategies implemented by CEO
- At least one year of college
- Some coursework in business administration preferred
- Experienced and comfortable working in Microsoft Suite, Box.net, and Google sites, as
well as relevant social networking sites
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and time management skills
Compensation: This is an unpaid position.
Please email your resume and a cover letter stating why you would like this intern position to
Terri.Carter@babyheart.org. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.