The International Children’s Heart Foundation is seeking an energetic, self-motivated communications intern to assist with website updates, e-newsletters, media relationships and events.
About International Children’s Heart Foundation
Since 1994, the mission of the International Children’s Heart Foundation (ICHF) has been to
bring the skills, technology and knowledge to diagnose and care for children with congenital
heart disease to developing countries that request our help. ICHF does this regardless of
country of origin, race, religion or gender. Our teams are assembled from world class cardiac centers. We implement our informational curriculum by operating with and educating local health care professionals. With this training, they in turn can care for the local children. Since inception, over 5,000 operations have been performed in countries that span all continents.
The Communications Intern is responsible for conveying the mission, goals and activities of the International Children’s Heart Foundation to staff members, volunteers, and donors by means of social networking, website design, and printed documents.
Projects and Responsibilites:
- Ensure website content is up-to-date and relevent
- Research and write for the e-newsletters
- Track media coverage and support media relations
- Help maintain communications and event databases
- Provide administrative support to the team
- At least one year of college
- Some coursework in communications preferred
- Experienced and comfortable working in Microsoft Suite, Box.net, and Google sites, as well as relevant social networking sites
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to transition easily from working as a team player to working independently
Compensation: This is an unpaid position.
Please email your resume and a cover letter stating why you would like this intern position to
Terry Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.