The International Children’s Heart Foundation is seeking a highly motivated, energetic journalism intern to assist with promoting the organization by drafting and writing news stories, press releases and marketing materials.
About International Children’s Heart Foundation
Since 1994, the mission of the International Children’s Heart Foundation (ICHF) has been to
bring the skills, technology and knowledge to diagnose and care for children with congenital
heart disease to developing countries that request our help. ICHF does this regardless of
country of origin, race, religion or gender. Our teams are assembled from world class cardiac centers. We implement our informational curriculum by operating with and educating local health care professionals. With this training, they in turn can care for the local children. Since inception, over 5,000 operations have been performed in countries that span all continents.
The Journalism Intern is responsible for conveying the mission, goals and activities of the International Children’s Heart Foundation in a positive light to gain community support.
Projects and Responsibilities:
- Receives, processes and integrates information from team members into work as necessary
- Edits and creates written content for newsletters, blog and website
- Prepares articles to be published in major news outlets
- Conducts research on the countries where the ICHF operates
- Travels with a medical team for a first-hand view of the work of ICHF
- At least one year of college
- Some coursework in journalism preferred
- Experienced and comfortable working in Microsoft Suite, Box.net, and Google sites, as well as relevant social networking sites
- Possess strong writing and proof-reading skills
- Communicate well with sources
Compensation: This is an unpaid position.
Please email your resume and a cover letter stating why you would like this intern position to
Terri.Carter@babyheart.org. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.