The International Children’s Heart Foundation is seeking a highly motivated, energetic marketing intern who is enthusiastic and willing to learn.
About International Children’s Heart Foundation
Since 1994, the mission of the International Children’s Heart Foundation (ICHF) has been to
bring the skills, technology and knowledge to diagnose and care for children with congenital
heart disease to developing countries that request our help. ICHF does this regardless of
country of origin, race, religion or gender. Our teams are assembled from world class cardiac centers. We implement our informational curriculum by operating with and educating local health care professionals. With this training, they in turn can care for the local children. Since inception, over 5,000 operations have been performed in countries that span all continents.
The Marketing Intern is responsible for conveying the mission, goals and activities of the
International Children’s Heart Foundation to staff members, volunteers, and donors.
Projects and Responsibilities:
- Readily communicate between administrative staff
- Draft press releases
- Participate in campaign management
- Receive and return phone calls
- Assist the PR/Events Coordinator with daily administrative work
- Attend conferences and take minutes, sharing the same with others
- Learn the basics of advertising such as media research
- At least one year of college
- Some coursework in marketing preferred
- Experienced and comfortable working in Microsoft Suite, Box.net, and Google sites, as well as relevant social networking sites
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to transition easily from working as a team player to working
Compensation: This is an unpaid position.
Please email your resume and a cover letter stating why you would like this intern position to
Terri.Carter@babyheart.org. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.